HOW TO REGISTER FOR THE FORUM

Please contact the France & Colonies Philatelic Society webmaster (see contact information at the bottom of the page). We have had reports that some members using Microsoft Edge and older versions of Safari have had difficulties in logging in. We have found by changing browers to Chrome or Firefox has rectified the problem.

Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Hello from America

More
3 years 5 months ago #202 by jcoulbourne
Hello from America was created by jcoulbourne
Joe Coulbourne checking in. Jan just got me access so I thought I would drop a note. I collect France & Colonies stamps (used up to 1900 and mint/mint not hinged from that point forward). I also collect the precancels and perfins and am more of a fanatic on them. My wife is French and from Vitry le Francoise hence my love of France. I still work although I am close to my 3rd retirement. I like unusual covers and frequently write articles for perfin clubs and precancel societies here in the USA.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• jgane
3 years 5 months ago #203 by jgane
Replied by jgane on topic Hello from America
Hello Joe
Glad to have you on-board. Look forward to seeing a small piece from you on your perfins.
Welcome!
Cheers
Jan

More
3 years 5 months ago #207 by mlbister
Replied by mlbister on topic Hello from America
Hello Joe. Mick Bister here, your Journal Manager.
Welcome to the website and forum. I hope you will find lots of useful information in the back numbers of the Journal.
So, your wife comes from Vitry-le-François. We pass through Vitry or near it each summer on our way down to Burgundy. Sometimes we stay overnight at La Chaussée-sur-Marne which you will know. Didn't make it this year though for obvious reasons.
I have several collections on France, too many in fact, but one of my favourites is the stamps of the 1960s. I was a student in France in 1962 and when I wrote letters home I discovered the beauty of French issues compared to the dismal productions in GB. I have all the 1960s stamps mint - that's the easy part - but I also collect single usage of each stamp on cover according to the rate it was intended for. Some of the rates are not easy to find and I still have gaps after 58 years.
Take care
Mick

Time to create page: 0.360 seconds