HOW TO REGISTER FOR THE FORUM

Please contact the France & Colonies Philatelic Society webmaster (see contact information at the bottom of the page). We have had reports that some members using Microsoft Edge and older versions of Safari have had difficulties in logging in. We have found by changing browers to Chrome or Firefox has rectified the problem.

Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Introducing myself

• samlabram
  • Topic Author
7 years 9 months ago #117 by samlabram
Introducing myself was created by samlabram
Hello everyone,

Being new to both the Society and this website, I am taking this opportunity to introduce myself as suggested.

My name is Sam Abram and I live in the U.S. I would describe myself as a long time beginner collector of 20th century French material. My particular interest is in French and French colonies stamp booklets through the mid 1960s, as well as usages of the booklet stamps on cover which strike me as interesting, whether because of cancellations, rates, visual appeal or whatever.

I also collect French postal stationery, although not that of the colonies.

Having been educated and entertained by the Society's publications, including particularly Mr. Richardson's book with tables of French postal rates and Mr. Lawrence's delightful ode to a common little French stamp, I am hopeful that membership in the Society and access to its website will be even more rewarding and enjoyable.

I am always happy to hear from anyone who shares my peculiar little interests!

Best regards to all,

Sam Abram
(samlabram@hotmail.com)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #120 by mstyler
Replied by mstyler on topic Introducing myself
Very pleased to hear from you, Sam.I hope you will find us responsive to any posts in this Forum.

Maurice Tyler

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.629 seconds