HOW TO REGISTER FOR THE FORUM

Please contact the France & Colonies Philatelic Society webmaster (see contact information at the bottom of the page). We have had reports that some members using Microsoft Edge and older versions of Safari have had difficulties in logging in. We have found by changing browers to Chrome or Firefox has rectified the problem.

Literature about the Bordeaux Issue from 1870/1871

• pkirstein
  • Topic Author
7 years 7 months ago #118 by pkirstein
I like to indroduce myself.
Since about 50 years I am collecting french stamps and I am now specialized in the Bordeaux issue.
To complete my collection of literature about this topic I am looking for the following publications either in original or in photocopies:
Title No. Month Year Page
Forgeries/Fake: Bordeaux FCPS (GB) n°4 6 1950 2
Bordeaux issue: General FCPS (GB) n°6 10 1950 3
Bordeaux issue: General FCPS (GB) n°11 3 1951 8
How to recognise the types FCPS (GB) n°27 3 1978 6

May be someone of this organisation could help me with it?
For information on other publications do not hesotate to ask. May be I can help you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• pkirstein
  • Topic Author
7 years 7 months ago #119 by pkirstein
A very interessting description of all types, reports, etc. will be found on internet including some pdf-files of written literature of the past.See bordeaux.france-timbres.net/

For the text for each value you have to click on the stamp value of the opening page. Then the next page has a category on the left "Identification numero..".Within this part you click on "Fiche technique" to open a perfect and detailed description of each value of this popular Issue.
It is written in french but has a lot of picture of the stamps including different shades etc.
Hope you will have fun looking into this source.

More
7 years 7 months ago #121 by mstyler
The first 3 articles are very early publications from 1950-51 and I think you may have great difficulty in finding copies. But I have a copy of our Newletter 27 of 1978 and will send you a pdf copy of the article you mention. I hope it helps.

Maurice Tyler
Rditor of the Journal
The following user(s) said Thank You: pkirstein

• pkirstein
  • Topic Author
7 years 5 months ago #124 by pkirstein
Today I found an article page (source and date unknown) but only the first page with the Title:
RECONSTITUTION DE PLANCHES DE L'EMISSION DE BORDEAUX in a book from Serrane 1925 which I bought on internet Delcampe. This article is written by GEORGES LAMY and is it about the 2 Centimes Report 1 referring to the publications from Serrane 1925 and 1926 and Dillemann 1929 about hte Bordeaux issue.
Is there anyone within our group, who can help me to identify the source and the date of this publication ? it starts on page 102 and must have minimum 2 pages. It looks like beinf from a larger periodical paper.Page 101 covers a listing of special postmarks of France.As this page is cut off the original and the head part is missing it is difficult for me to identify the source.

More
7 years 5 months ago #125 by mstyler
Georges Lamy was a member of the Académie de Philatélie who died in 1972. There is no record on their website of his having written such an article in the "Documents Philatéliques" and there is no record in our own "Subject Index" by Derek Richardson of an article by Lamy appearing in the 4 main French philatelic magazines from 1946 onwards - but an earlier article would be possible, of course.

Do you know the 1981 book "The Bordeaux Issue of 1870-1871" by Ruth and Gardner Brown? They have 8 pages on the 2c issue including 2 plating charts (Report 1 and Report 2) with many references at the end of the book to the works by Serrane and Dillemann among many others - but no mention of Lamy, I'm afraid!

• pkirstein
  • Topic Author
7 years 5 months ago #126 by pkirstein
Thank you very much for your answer.For covering most of the french and french speaking journals I use the excellent searching tool of: docs.philateliques.free.fr but even there I couldn't find it.
My own collection of literature about the Bordeaux issue 1870-1871, the history around, the printing process contains meanwhile about around 150 books, around 450 Journals and more than 1.600 sales catalogues VPN et VsO mainly of french auctions, Monaco, Belgium and a few others.
The Ruth Gardner book is known to me.
Next trial to find the article from Georges Lamy will be a search at the philatelic libraries in Germany, France and the UK.Hopefully I will succeed.

Time to create page: 0.427 seconds